B12 Deficiency Risk Factors
Many people, especially women in their menstrual years, vegetarians, and vegans, have B12 deficiency. Deficiency may also be caused by poor absorption of B12 in the digestive tract. Although easily tested for via blood, B12 deficiency often goes undiagnosed until a person begins to manifest more extreme symptoms.
Because B12 is water-soluble, the body is not able to store large amounts of it. The body must therefore be supplied with a consistent and high quality source of B12. This may sound simple enough, but with the quality most of our diets today, even those with the best of intentions are often not getting enough B vitamins, particularly B-12.
Those most at risk for deficiency include:
- Vegetarians and vegans
- Menstruating women
- People who are anemic (Please note there are different types of anemia. Knowing which kind you have is important.)
- Those with digestive issues including pernicious anemia
- People with a history of alcoholism
- People with abnormal immune response
- People with abnormal neurological function
Vitamin B12 is of critical importance for a wide variety of functions in the body, including:
- Red blood cell formation
- Nerve cell formation
- Healthy growth and development
- Promoting sustainable energy
- Providing coenzymes for numerous functions in the body
- Supporting healthy brain function
- Immune boosting
B12 is a suggested supplement for:
- Cardiovascular support
- Homocysteine management
- Ongoing fatigue and weakness
- People needing GI tract support
- Vegetarians and vegan
- Those who have trouble absorbing Vitamin B12 from foods
- Menstruating women who suspect a B12 deficiency
A Superior Form of B12
For those who need to supplement with B-12, Energetic Nutrition is proud to introduce a high quality product we’re sure you’ll appreciate, DaVinci Labs B-12 MC Spray. This formula uses a preferred form of B12, methylcobalamin, which is more absorbable than other forms, such as cyanocobalamin.
Methylcobalamin is active immediately upon absorption, while other forms (e.g. cyanocobalamin) must be converted to methylcobalamin in a two-step process. Methylcobalamin demonstrates exceptional activity in areas where other forms are simply not active. You can rest easy knowing that your body will be able to more easily absorb the B12 you are supplying it.
What We Love About the B-12 MC Spray
- It contains a superior form of B12, Methylcobalamin (MC), in amounts comparable to a B12 injection. Along with B12, this excellent product also contains folic acid and B-6, all in highly absorbable forms designed to work synergistically with your body for optimal results.
- B-12 MC Spray has no artificial sweeteners or colors and no preservatives, yet tastes delicious. The glycerin used is naturally sweet, and provides the natural red color.
- It’s vegetarian, gluten free, soy free, and non-GMO.
- B-12 MC Spray contains 150 doses, which lasts 5 months for most people.
Complete B Vitamins PLUS Raw Whole Food Nutrition
CoEnzymated B-Healthy contains a staggering 500mcg (8300% Daily Value) of B12 as methylcobalamin plus additional B-Vitamins and raw whole food sprout powder, plant enzyme, and organic superfood blends.
What We Love About CoEnzymated B Healthy
All Emerald Labs supplements are focused on specific areas of health and are made with 7 points of quality including:
- Raw, whole-food based formulas
- Doctor formulated
- Therapeutic doses with clinical results
- 100% additive free (no magnesium stearate)
- Purity-tested at cGMP certified facilities
- Vegetarian capsules