Why You Need Digestive Enzyme Support After Age 30
Though some of us may not notice the impact of depleted enzyme levels until we reach our 60s, many of us may experience digestive issues as early as our 30s. We may not realize things like irregularity and indigestion are signs that our enzymes levels aren’t what they used to be.
The good news is that there are things you can do no matter your age to support your digestive health after normal enzyme production and activity lowers.
If poor digestion and/or food intolerance is already an issue and you’re near your 30s, adding digestive enzymes to your daily supplement regimen may be especially helpful.
7 Reasons You May Need Digestive Enzyme Support After Age 30
- As the normal part of the aging process, natural digestive enzyme production begins to decline at age 27.
- You experience gas, bloating, or digestion after eating foods you ate without an issue when you were in your 20s or younger.
- You’ve cancelled out other causes of gas or occasional digestive issues (See TIPS FOR EASING DIGESTIVE DISCOMFORT below).
- Digestive stress caused by continuously eating food you have trouble digesting lends to undigested food particles sitting in your digestive tract. Over time, this can increase symptoms or contribute to other digestive-related health issues later in life.
- (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) IBS or food intolerance may lead to more severe digestive symptoms in your 30s and beyond.
- Stress, medications, eating on the run, not fully chewing food can all affect our ability to digest properly.
- Some lack enzymes due to genetics, ethnicity, lifestyle, or trauma which leads to reduced digestive enzyme levels
Benefits to Digestive Enzyme Support After Age 30
Sufficient levels of digestive enzymes (naturally produced or supplemented) allow for the complete break down of the food you eat into particles and nutrients that your body can absorb.
In addition, digestive enzyme support can help you:
- Enjoy the foods you always have, without the side effects
- Support your digestive system’s overall health
- Obtain maximum nutrient absorption*
- Experience regular bowel movements to increase natural detoxification*
- Have increased energy
- Promote improved immunity*
- Sustain overall health and longevity*
Tips for Easing Digestive Discomfort
There are many strategies to ensure you’re getting the most out of what you eat while enjoying your meal in the process. Practice these tips and learn to look forward to every meal, no matter your age!
- Take a low-dose digestive enzyme supplement with every meal, but especially if you plan to eat food you know you’re sensitive to (such as dairy, gluten, or sugar).
- Keep serving sizes small to start and work up to combinations of food amounts and enzymes that you tolerate well. Whether you have food intolerance or the normal reduction of digestive enzymes that happen as you age, you may find that reducing the amount and frequency of eating a problem food can make a difference.
- Take time for meals and do something low stress, like socializing instead of working, while you eat.
- Drink an 8-ounce glass of water 20-30 minutes prior to eating to ensure you’re hydrated.
- During your meal, only sip on beverages and avoid carbonated drinks, which can inhibit or dilute digestive enzyme activity.
- If having a multi-course meal, allow some time in between courses to give your digestive system a rest.
- Have a salad of leafy greens with a little olive oil and lemon to start. Pass on the croutons, onions, beans, or raw broccoli to avoid potential sensitivities.
- Experiment with food elimination or food combinations. For example, if every time you eat a cheeseburger meal, you get gas or bloating, try no cheese or onions, or pass on adding fries or a soda and see if that makes a difference.
Suggested Digestive Enzymes
Whether you simply need digestive enzyme support as you age, you know you have a specific intolerance to food such as dairy, or you can’t quite pinpoint the cause, there’s a digestive enzyme combination designed to support your digestive health.
|CONSIDER THIS PRODUCT IF:||Digest|
|You are sensitive to supplements|
|You have occasional gas and bloating|
|You want enhanced digestive support|
|You have multiple digestive complaints|
|You want the highest potency enzyme blend|
|You want probiotics with your digestive enzymes|
Digest complete enzyme formula contains a highly potent enzyme blend which supports digestion and helps the body absorb nutrients.* Includes enzymes that break down carbohydrates, fats, fiber, and protein.
Digest Basic contains essential digestive enzymes. Perfect as an introductory enzyme supplement with a gentle enzyme formula and small capsules which are easy to swallow and great for the whole family.
Digest Gold is the most advanced enzyme formula offered by Enzymedica. It contains ATPro, a combination of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), magnesium citrate, alpha lipoic acid, and CoQ10 to support complete digestion and cell penetration.*
Digest Gold + Probiotics
Digest Gold Plus Probiotics advanced enzyme formula breaks down carbohydrates, fats, fiber and protein.* Probiotics provide additional digestive support by boosting enzyme production and promoting regularity.*