Could Estrogen Dominance Be Responsible for Your Weight Gain, Decreased Libido, Fatigue?
Could Estrogen Dominance be the Reason for Your Symptoms?
Estrogen dominance. The term is somewhat mysterious to most of us. If one had to guess, most people would likely assume that it’s an issue that affects women, since estrogen is a woman’s hormone, right? Actually, both women and men make and use estrogen every day. When estrogen becomes out of balance with other hormones in the body (like progesterone and testosterone, which both women and men make and use), estrogen dominance can occur, leading to common symptoms that many folks simply don’t understand, including fatty weight gain, muscle loss, decreased sex drive, and fatigue among many others. People often associate these symptoms with aging, when in fact there may be a hormone imbalance at work. When addressed, one can see decrease symptoms and improve health and well-being.
Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance
According to Dr. John Lee, M.D., some of the most common symptoms of estrogen dominance for both women and men include:
- Acceleration of the aging process
- Autoimmune disorders such as thyroiditis
- Breast cancer (in both women and men)
- Breast growth in men
- Breast/chest tenderness
- Uterine fibroid tumors in women
- Cold hands and feet as a symptom of thyroid dysfunction
- Decreased sex drive
- Depression with anxiety, irritability, or agitation
- Dry eyes
- Fat gain, especially around the abdomen, hips and thighs
- Inability to build/retain muscle
- Foggy thinking and memory loss
- Gallbladder disease
- Hair Loss
- Increased blood clotting (increasing risk of strokes)
- Magnesium deficiency
- Mood swings
- Osteoporosis and premenopausal bone loss
- Prostate cancer in men
- Uterine cancer in women
- Sluggish metabolism
- Water retention, bloating
- Zinc and copper deficiency
Lifestyle Changes You Can Make
If you’re in a rut and can’t figure out why over the past few months or years you’ve started feeling increasingly lousy, are gaining weight and losing interest in sex, then it’s possible that you’re dealing with some estrogen dominance. Fortunately, with supplementation, diet, and the right lifestyle changes, it is possible to correct estrogen dominance and feel good again.
Some basic dietary guidelines for managing estrogen dominance include:
- Avoiding phytoestrogenic foods like soy
- Avoiding products containing xenoestrogens
- Eating at least 1-2 servings of cruciferous vegetables daily to help your body metabolize hormones in the liver
- Limiting or avoid highly refined foods like white flour, sugar, and corn syrup, as these foods stress the metabolism
- Exercising at least 3-4 times per week. Exercise is important to help circulate and detoxify excess estrogen in the body
Please see our page on estrogen dominance for more information on diet and lifestyle suggestions for managing the condition.
What Can DIMPRO Do?
DIMPRO is a natural aromatase inhibitor, meaning that it helps to prevent testosterone from over converting into estrogen. It is derived from cruciferous vegetables and is designed to help restore correct metabolism of estrogen in the body, thus decreasing estrogen dominant symptoms, as listed above. Also consider addressing your diet and exercise habits, as these factors greatly affect hormone metabolism.
Estrogen dominant symptoms can be mild, moderate, or extreme, and can affect both women and men.
For people who are dealing with estrogen dominance, DIMPRO can help:
- Restore hormone balance
- Help build muscle and keep you trim
- Help manage estrogen related weight gain (see our blog on estrogen and weight gain here)
- Increase vitality, wellness, and energy
- Reduce your risk for cancers suspected to be estrogen related, like prostate and uterine cancer
- Reduce uterine fibroid tumors and other gynecological problems related to estrogen dominance
- Help reduce an enlarged prostate caused by estrogen dominance
DIMPRO is a unique product unlike other DIM (Diindolylmethane) products on the market, because it is made with Dr. Michael Zeligs’ BioResponse DIM, which is a patented, bio-available, absorption enhanced formula that brings you the highest quality product available. In fact, when taken in supplement form, DIM by itself cannot be absorbed naturally by the human body.
In 1998, BioResponse Nutrients developed the first and only patented, microencapsulation technology for guaranteed absorption. Microencapsulated BioResponse DIM is the first and only Diindolylmethane ingredient with extended release for enhanced and predictable absorption. Other DIM supplements on the market have no meaningful absorption without microencapsulation, even at a 3 times greater dose.
All published clinical trials examining DIM have only used BioResponse DIM, including clinical trials sponsored by the National Cancer Institute. Individuals, medical professionals, and prominent researchers worldwide have discovered the many benefits of BioResponse DIM.